Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
What is the role of the Governing Body?
The DfE states that the key purpose of a Governing Body is to help schools provide the best possible education for pupils. Governing Bodies do this by:
- Working with the Headteacher and staff to set strategic aims for the school, based on its mission and strategies.
- Monitoring and evaluating performance, acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher and Senior Management Team (SLT) to support and challenge them in running the school.
- Ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs.
‘I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.’ John 10:10
Our focus as a Governing Body is to strive to ensure that the school is able to deliver that mission. We therefore focus our attention on making sure that our school community aim to:
- Live out the Gospel Values each and every day, treating others the way we want to be treated ourselves.
- Create a challenging and invigorating Curriculum, in conjunction with the children, which is accessible to all.
- Set high expectations for the children and support them to ensure that they achieve their potential.
- Develop the spiritual, social, moral, cultural and physical needs of all.
- Provide a safe and secure environment in which the pupils thrive and relish in, to achieve their very best.
- Ensure that children enjoy coming to school and provide equal opportunities in an inclusive and supportive environment by developing responsibility, compassion and tolerance of others.
- Draw on the strengths and skills of the opportunities provided by the community and celebrate social and cultural diversity.
Who makes up the Governing Body?
The Governing Body is made up of a combination of the following:
Parent Governors (2) are elected by, and act as representatives of the parent body. They serve a term of four years with the next elections in February 2022.
Foundation Governors (7) are appointed by the RC Diocese of Westminster and serve for four years. Under Diocesan guidelines, only two foundation governors can be parents who have children currently attending the school.
Staff Governors (2) The Head teacher is a member of the governing body by virtue of his position. School staff elects one other staff governor.
Local Authority Governor (1) is nominated by the Local Authority (LA) and appointed by the governing body. Appointments are made on the basis of the individual’s interests and experience at work, home or elsewhere which may be relevant to being a governor.
Reconstituted Governing Body Structure
7 Foundation Governors
1 Local Authority Governor
2 Elected Parent Governors
1 Staff Governor
Governing Body 2020 – 2021
Chair of Governors/Foundation Governor – Mrs D Fletcher
Vice Chair of Governors/ Foundation Governor – Mrs C Lowe
Headteacher – Mr G Doherty
Staff Governor – Mr D Howard
Foundation Governor – Mr D Deignan
Foundation Governor – Mrs K Abson
Foundation Governor – Mrs L Critchley
Foundation Governor – Fr P Grady
Foundation Governor – Mrs S Williams
Local Authority Governor – Mr P Halliwell
Parent Governor – Mrs G Whitehead
Parent Governor – Mr A Baker
Clerk to the Governing Body – Mrs S Woods
For information on Governor Responsibilities please click:
For information on the constitution of the Governing Body please click:
For information on Governing Body Committee Structure please click:
For information on Governing Body Meeting Schedule please click:
For information on Governor attendance please click:
May we remind parents that all payments must be made through Parentmail for Breakfast Club fees or Ties
Guidelines for school available under INFORMATION > PUBLIC HEALTH tabs at top of page
Opening times 7.30 a.m. – 9.00 a.m. £4.50 Booking essential Charges via Parentmail invoiced Fridays.
- WORLD BOOK DAY 4th March 2021 All Day Event
WORLD BOOK DAY
Children can come into school dressed as their favorite book character or alternatively wear pyjamas and bring their favorite bedtime story.