Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
What is the role of the Governing Body?
The DfE states that the key purpose of a Governing Body is to help schools provide the best possible education for pupils. Governing Bodies do this by:
- Working with the Headteacher and staff to set strategic aims for the school, based on its mission and strategies.
- Monitoring and evaluating performance, acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher and Senior Management Team (SLT) to support and challenge them in running the school.
- Ensuring that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community, to those who fund and maintain it, as well as to the staff it employs.
‘I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.’ John 10:10
Our focus as a Governing Body is to strive to ensure that the school is able to deliver that mission. We therefore focus our attention on making sure that our school community aim to:
- Live out the Gospel Values each and every day, treating others the way we want to be treated ourselves.
- Create a challenging and invigorating Curriculum, in conjunction with the children, which is accessible to all.
- Set high expectations for the children and support them to ensure that they achieve their potential.
- Develop the spiritual, social, moral, cultural and physical needs of all.
- Provide a safe and secure environment which the pupils thrive and relish in, to achieve their very best.
- Ensure that children enjoy coming to school and provide equal opportunities in an inclusive and supportive environment by developing responsibility, compassion and tolerance of others.
- Draw on the strengths and skills of the opportunities provided by the community and celebrate social and cultural diversity.
Who makes up the Governing Body?
The Governing Body is made up of a combination of the following:
Parent Governors (2) are elected by, and act as representatives of the parent body. They serve a term of four years with the next elections in September 2025.
Foundation Governors (7) are appointed by the RC Archdiocese of Liverpool and serve for four years.
Staff Governors (2) The Head teacher is a member of the governing body by virtue of his position. School staff elects one other staff governor.
Local Authority Governor (1) is nominated by the Local Authority (LA) and appointed by the governing body. Appointments are made on the basis of the individual’s interests and experience at work, home or elsewhere which may be relevant to being a governor.
Reconstituted Governing Body Structure
7 Foundation Governors
1 Local Authority Governor
2 Elected Parent Governors
1 Staff Governor
Governing Body 2022 – 2023
Chair of Governors/Foundation Governor – Mrs C Lowe
Vice Chair of Governors/ Foundation Governor – Mr D Deignan
Headteacher – Mr G Doherty
Staff Governor – Mr L Richardson
Foundation Governor – Mrs G Whitehead
Foundation Governor – Mrs K Abson
Foundation Governor – Mrs L Critchley
Foundation Governor – Mrs A Cooke
Foundation Governor – Mr J Dootson
Local Authority Governor – Mr P Halliwell
Parent Governor – Mr S Gore
Parent Governor – Mrs J Dingley
Clerk to the Governing Body – Mrs S Gardiner
For information on Governor Responsibilities please click:
For information on the constitution of the Governing Body please click:
For information on Governing Body Committee Structure please click:
For information on Governing Body Meeting Schedule please click:
For information on Governor attendance please click:
For information on Governor Declarations please click:
May we remind parents that all payments must be made through the MyEd app for Breakfast Club fees
Guidelines for school available under INFORMATION > PUBLIC HEALTH tabs at top of page
Opening times 7.30 a.m. – 9.00 a.m. £5.00 Booking essential Charges via MyEd app invoiced Fridays.