Admissions Arrangements and Admission Criteria 2019
Starting in September 2019
The Governors intend to admit a maximum of 30 pupils at the beginning of the new school year in September 2019.
A meeting for parents of the new intake is usually arranged during the Summer Term. This meeting will provide an opportunity to obtain more detailed information and to discuss any relevant matters in an informal atmosphere.
The policy for admissions is determined annually by the Governing Body in consultation with the Local Authority and other admitting authorities.
The School Admission period runs from November 2018 to January 2019. A Local Authority Application form along with a Faith Supplementary form must be completed either online or handed into school.
The Governing Body considers all applications for entry made by parents on the application form issued by the school.
Places are offered according to the criteria set out below.
It is a legal requirement for the Governing Body to review these annually.
They have agreed the following criteria, in order of priority, for admissions in September 2019.
Where the number of applications exceeds the number of places available the Governing Body will apply the following over-subscription criteria:
1. Children who are in the care of a Local Authority (looked after and previously looked after children).
2. Baptised Catholic children who have a brother or a sister at the school at the time of likely admission. This includes full, half or stepbrothers and sisters, adopted and foster brothers and sisters who are living at the same address and are part of the same family unit.
3. Baptised Catholic children living in the designated Historic Parish of St Ambrose Barlow.
4. Baptised Catholic children living in other Catholic parishes.
5. Children who are other than Catholic who have a brother or a sister at the school at the time of likely admission. This includes full, half or stepbrothers and sisters, adopted and foster brothers and sisters who are living at the same address and are part of the same family unit.
6. Children from other Christian denominations. Proof of Baptism in form of Baptismal Certificate or confirmation in writing that the applicant is a member of their Faith community from an appropriate Minister of Religion is required.
7. Children of other faiths. An appropriate Minister of Religion would need to confirm in writing that the applicant is a member of their faith group.
8. Children whose parents express a preference for a place at the school.
In the event of any over subscription in the number of applications made under any of the categories above then the admissions committee will offer places first to children living nearest to the school measured as the crow flies.
A link to the online application form can be found by clicking on the link below.
Please note that school will require a Supplementary Faith Form with all applications.
December 6th 10.30am and 2.30pm you are invited to visit our school prior to application for school places
All our Newsletters go out termly via ParentMail and can also be found via Information > Letters on our website
Reminder: All communications are sent via ParentMail. Responses are often required and are time sensitive. Keep up to date
- HALF TERM AND INSET DAY 19th October 2018 – 26th October 2018 All Day Event
School will be closed to pupils on Friday 19th October and
closed for Half Term 22nd to 26th October inclusive.
- Y6 Robinwood Residential Trip 21st November 2018 – 23rd November 2018 All Day Event
- Let's Sing Concert Y5 27th November 2018 All Day Event
Let's Sing Concert Y5