Admissions Arrangements and Admission Criteria 2018
Starting in September 2018
The Governors intend to admit a maximum of 30 pupils at the beginning of the new school year in September 2018.
A meeting for parents of the new intake is usually arranged during the Summer Term. This meeting will provide an opportunity to obtain more detailed information and to discuss any relevant matters in an informal atmosphere.
The policy for admissions is determined annually by the Governing Body in consultation with the Local Authority and other admitting authorities.
The School Admission period runs from November 2017 to January 2018. A Local Authority Application form along with a Faith Supplementary form must be completed either online or handed into school.
The Governing Body considers all applications for entry made by parents on the application form issued by the school.
Places are offered according to the criteria set out below.
It is a legal requirement for the Governing Body to review these annually.
They have agreed the following criteria, in order of priority, for admissions in September 2018.
Where the number of applications exceeds the number of places available the Governing Body will apply the following over-subscription criteria:
1. Children who are in the care of a Local Authority (looked after and previously looked after children).
2. Baptised Catholic children who have a brother or a sister at the school at the time of likely admission. This includes full, half or stepbrothers and sisters, adopted and foster brothers and sisters who are living at the same address and are part of the same family unit.
3. Baptised Catholic children living in the designated Historic Parish of St Ambrose Barlow.
4. Baptised Catholic children living in other Catholic parishes.
5. Children who are other than Catholic who have a brother or a sister at the school at the time of likely admission. This includes full, half or stepbrothers and sisters, adopted and foster brothers and sisters who are living at the same address and are part of the same family unit.
6. Children from other Christian denominations. Proof of Baptism in form of Baptismal Certificate or confirmation in writing that the applicant is a member of their Faith community from an appropriate Minister of Religion is required.
7. Children of other faiths. An appropriate Minister of Religion would need to confirm in writing that the applicant is a member of their faith group.
8. Children whose parents express a preference for a place at the school.
In the event of any over subscription in the number of applications made under any of the categories above then the admissions committee will offer places first to children living nearest to the school measured as the crow flies.
A link to the online application form can be found by clicking on the link below.
Please note that school will require a Supplementary Faith Form with all applications.
Maz Evans Letter Maz Evans will be visiting school and signing books on 23rd May Please order books
Feb 2018 – Rev PTA Newsletter
We have been given kind permission to use the Church Car Park for parents attending events in school. Please be courteous
- Parents Evening 23rd April 2018 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Parents Evening NEARLY FULL
Booking available through ParentMail or contact school office
- Parents Evening 25th April 2018 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Parents Evening NEARLY FULL
Booking available through ParentMail or contact the office
- Acceptance of Offers 30th April 2018 All Day Event
Closing Date for acceptance of School Place offers